Repair Inspection Checklist
Your car or truck is serviced and all set to roll out, but just how do you know if the job was handled adequately? These are a few easy steps from Car Craft Chesterfield that you should take to examine what’s been repaired on your automobile and be sure all things are working like they ought to be. Car Craft Chesterfield also services cars in West County, Wildwood, Ellisville, and Ballwin, Missouri.
1. When collecting your car, leave a minimum of thirty minutes to finish the procedure.
2. You should ask to check out your car with the person who penned the estimation or provides the repair to the customer.
3. Be prepared to ask questions and never be reluctant to go to the trouble necessary to assess the fixes.
4. Have a duplicate of the original estimate with you and compare with the final invoice.
5. Read the final invoice and make sure they clarify it for you. The final bill needs to be comprehensive (they ought to go around your automobile with you).
6. If it is raining ask to look at the vehicle interior and undercover – clear away the water to view the paint.
7. Make sure all new parts were put in if possible.
8. Ensure that the paint matches (color, darker, lighter).
9. Check out the spaces around the doors, trunk lid, and hood. Breaks ought to be uniform if your auto body repair was done right.
10. Open up the doors/trunk/hood and check for polish/rubbing substance.
11. Look at the mileage (Lots of vehicles have to be test driven so you will see some miles driven by the repairer).
12. Examine the fuel level (will need to have been noted at drop-off).
13. If your automobile required an alignment, get a copy of the before and after printout (should be in factory specification tolerances).
14. If the automobile had any type of structural damage have a copy of the before and after printout (should be in factory specification tolerances).
15. Check to make sure that the radio works well.
16. Switch on the heating and A/C blower fan (be mindful as debris may come out of vents).
17. Check all dash warning lights to be certain none are on.
18. Check out the vehicle external lights if replaced.
19. Tell the tow truck to bring your automobile to Car Craft Chesterfield because they have the experience needed to get you back on the road quicker.