Maximize Your Insurance Policy With These Tips
Many individuals in Chesterfield, MO start out every New Year with several important changes or plans to make “this year” better than the previous one. Some plans may involve better diets, lifestyle changes, read more, exercise more, journal more, spend more time with our family, and more focus on how to be more fiscally responsible.
It’s difficult to argue with being more responsible with where you spend your hard earned dollars. Insurance costs to protect our cars can be a major expenditure for many people. It is a good idea to complete a yearly review where and how these controllable dollars are spent.
Car Craft Chesterfield in Chesterfield, Missouri, also serving people of West County, Wildwood, Ellisville, and Ballwin, Missouri, offers a few tips to help make sure your auto insurance premium dollars are spent in the most beneficial manner possible.
1. If you've got a clean driving record with no collisions and no violations within the last three years you might qualify for a substantial “safe driver” discount. If you don’t see a discount of this type on the declarations page that comes with your renewal, talk to your agent or insurance provider.
2. If you have moved, taken a new job or married or divorced during the past year, it can impact your car insurance. Make sure you update your policies appropriately.
3. When you have good or very good credit you are likely to qualify for further discounts. Talk to your agent or insurance provider.
4. Assuming you have young drivers on your policy who are good students, generally a B average or higher, you may qualify for additional discounts. There's also discounts available for engaging in safe driving programs. Talk to our agent or insurance provider for availability.
5. Changing the amount of your collision or comprehensive deductibles could be a method to control your premium costs. Deciding on a higher deductible for either coverage will lessen your premium. But it’s crucial that you understand this move will increase your financial exposure should an accident occur.
6. If your current cars have advanced accident avoidance systems you may qualify for further discounts.
7. If you have vehicle(s) whose combination of age, miles and current physical condition has deteriorated to a point of lower value it might be time to think of self-insuring your vehicles. This means removing collision and comprehensive coverage. This action calls for careful consideration and should definitely include consultation with your agent or insurance company.
8. When you have your auto and homeowner policies with the same insurance company you probably qualify for an additional type of discount. Talk to your agent or insurance provider.
9. Many insurance companies are offering installed driving performance monitors that provide you a deep discount on your insurance for safe driving. Ask your insurance agent on availability.
10. One final tip to each insurance consumer would be to make sure you have a “what if I have an accident" pack inside your glove box. This kit should contain a pencil, a pad of paper to jot down accident details and witness contact details, your agent’s contact info, your current insurance card, an expendable camera, and emergency contact information with names and numbers of people identified as the people to call if you’re injured.
Car Craft Chesterfield wants to ensure that people traveling in West County, Chesterfield, Wildwood, Ellisville, and Ballwin, Missouri are ready for the road in each and every way possible. If you reside in Chesterfield, MO or the surrounding area and would like to have your questions about auto body repair answered, call Car Craft Chesterfield at 636-534-7000.