Maximize Your Insurance Policy With These Tips
A lot of people in St. Louis, Missouri begin every New Year with a number of important changes or plans to make “this year” better than the previous one. Some of these plans may involve better diets, lifestyle changes, read more, exercise more, journal more, spend more time with our family, and increased focus on how to be more fiscally responsible.
It’s difficult to argue with being more responsible with where you spend your hard earned dollars. Insurance costs to protect our vehicles may be a large expenditure for lots of people. It is just common sense to complete a yearly review where and how these controllable dollars are spent.
Car Craft Auto Body in St. Louis, Missouri, also serving the folks of Bridgeton, Berkley, Florissant, Hazelwood, and Maryland Heights, Missouri offers a few tips to help ensure your auto insurance premium dollars are spent in the most effective manner possible.
1. If you have a clean driving record with no car accidents and no violations in the last three years you should qualify for a considerable “safe driver” discount. If you don’t see a discount of this type on your declarations page that comes with your renewal, ask your agent or insurance provider.
2. If you've relocated, taken a new job or married or divorced during the past year, it may impact your car insurance. Make sure to update your policies accordingly.
3. If you've got good or very good credit you might qualify for further discounts. Seek the advice of your agent or insurance provider.
4. If you've got young drivers on your policy who are good students, usually a B average or higher, you may qualify for further discounts. Additionally, there are discounts available for engaging in safe driving programs. Talk with our agent or insurance provider for availability.
5. Changing the amount of your collision and/or comprehensive deductibles could be a method to control your premium costs. Selecting a higher deductible for either coverage will lessen your premium. But it’s vital that you understand this move will raise your financial exposure should a major accident occur.
6. If your cars have exclusive accident avoidance systems you may be eligible for further discounts.
7. If you have vehicle(s) whose mix of age, miles and current physical condition has deteriorated to a point of lower value it could be time to consider self-insuring these vehicles. This means removing collision and comprehensive coverage. This action calls for careful consideration and should definitely include consultation with your agent or insurance company.
8. If you have your auto and homeowner policies with the same insurance company you most likely qualify for an additional type of discount. Check with your agent or insurance provider.
9. Many insurance companies are offering installed driving performance monitors that offer you a deep discount on your insurance for safe driving. Consult with your insurance agent on availability.
10. One more tip to each insurance consumer would be to make sure you have a “what if I have an accident" kit within your glove box. This kit should have a pencil, a pad of paper to put in writing accident details and witness contact details, your agent’s contact information, your current insurance card, a disposable camera, and emergency contact information with names and numbers of people identified as individuals to call in case you’re injured.
Car Craft Auto Body hopes to be sure that individuals traveling in Bridgeton, Berkley, Florissant, Hazelwood, and Maryland Heights, Missouri are ready for the road in every single way possible. If you live in St. Louis or the surrounding area and want to have your questions about auto body repair answered, call Car Craft Auto Body at 636-534-7000 or visit our website: www.car-craftautobody.com